|Resources for Life Cycle Assessment of Natural Fibre Composites and Bio-Based Resins|
Relevant teaching web pages
- T Corbière-Nicollier, B Gfeller Laban, L Lundquist, Y. Leterrier, J-AE Månson and O Jolliet, Life cycle assessment of biofibres replacing glass fibres as reinforcement in plastics, Resources, Conservation and Recycling, November 2001, 33(4), 267-287.
- Joachim Diener and Uwe Siehler, Ecological comparison from NMT- and GMT-components (translated from the German original by Corinna Thom), Applied Macromolecular Chemistry, 1999, 272 (1), 1-4.
- Tomas Ekvall and Göran Finnveden, Allocation in ISO 14041 - a critical review, Journal of Cleaner Production, June 2001, 9(3), 197-208.
- Sue Halliwell, End of Life Options for Composite Waste: Recycle, Reuse or Dispose?, National Composites Network Best Practice Guide.
- C Ingrao, AL Giudice, J Bacenetti, C Tricase, G Dotelli, M Fiala, V Siracusa, C Mbohwa, Energy and environmental assessment of industrial hemp for building applications: a review, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, November 2015, 51, 29–42.
- Y Leterrier, Life Cycle Engineering of Composites, Chapter 2.33 in Comprehensive Composite Materials, Elsevier Science, Oxford, 2000.
- Hans Lilholt and J Mark Lawther, Natural Organic Fibers, Chapter 1.10 in Comprehensive Composite Materials, Elsevier Science, Oxford, 2000, 303-325.
- SV Joshi, LT Drzal, AK Mohanty and S Arora, Are natural fiber composites environmentally superior to glass fiber reinforced composites?, Composites Part A: Applied Science and Manufacturing, March 2004, 35(3), 371–376.
- SJ Pickering, Recycling technologies for thermoset composite materials
- current status, Composites Part A: Applied Science and Manufacturing, 2006, 37, 1206-1215.
- Deepak Richard, Taehoon Hong, Makarand Hastak, Amir Mirmirand and Ossama Salem, Life-cycle performance model for composites in construction, Composites Part B: Engineering, March 2007, 38(2), 236-246.
- Erwin TH Vink, KR Rábago, DA Glassner and PR Gruber, Applications of life cycle assessment to NatureWorks™ polylactide (PLA) production, Polymer Degradation and Stability, 2003, 80(3), 403-419.
- M Barth and M Carus, Carbon Footprint and Sustainability of Different Natural Fibres for Biocomposites and Insulation Material - study providing data for the automotive and insulation industry, nova-institut GmbH, Hürth - Germany, 2015.
- JEG van Dam and HL Bos, Consultation on natural fibres: the environmental impact of hard fibres and jute in non-textile industrial applications, ESC-Fibres Consultation no 04/4, Rome, 15-16 December 2004.
- JEG van Dam and HL Bos, The Environmental Impact of Fibre Crops in Industrial Applications, 33-page document with no publication details beyond the URL!
- Richard Murphy and Ian Bartle, Biodegradable Polymers and Sustainability: Insights from Life Cycle Assessment, Summary Report
presented at the National Non-Food Crops Centre seminar, London, 25 May 2004.
Workshop on Life Cycle Assessment of Composites, Advanced Composites
Manufacturing Centre, University of Plymouth, 7 April 2005.
Workshop on Life Cycle Assessment of Composites, Dartington, 25 September 2013.
ISO 14040 series of standards on Life Cycle Assessment
- 14040:1997 Environmental Management - Life Cycle Assessment - principles
- 14041:1998 Environmental Management - Life Cycle Assessment - goal and scope definition and inventory analysis (superseded by ISO 14044)
- 14042:2000 Environmental Management - Life Cycle Assessment - life cycle impact assessment (superseded by ISO 14044)
- 14043:2000 Environmental Management - Life Cycle Assessment - life cycle interpretation (superseded by ISO 14044)
- 14044:2006 Environmental Management - Life Cycle Assessment - requirements and guidelines
- 14047 Technical Report: Environmental Management - Life Cycle Assessment - examples of application of ISO 14042
- 14048:2002 Environmental Management - Life Cycle Assessment - data documentation format
- 14049:2000 Technical Report: Environmental Management - Life Cycle Assessment - examples of applications of ISO 14041 to goal and scope definition and inventory analysis
Data sources for Embodied Energy
Return to MATS 347 home page
Created by John Summerscales on 05 May 2007 and updated on
08-Feb-2019 15:22. Terms and conditions. Errors and omissions. Corrections.